Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vacation





I'm beginning to think we're not meant to go on them. I'll get to that later. Anyway, we spent 5 days at Disneyland/California adventures. We needed all of them. It was crowded! Kids did pretty good considering. We all had our moments, but that's to be expected. My mom came instead of Matt, which was great. Not sure if she had a good time, but she was a trooper and got to see some new places. The parade at Disneyland was stupid. No princesses like the good ole classic parade. The pixar parade was good though at California Adventures. Kids liked it. We got to do the character dinner and Savannah got to meet her Princesses. She is so shy though, and din't even smile...until after they had left out table! It was still cute though. While we were there, we apparently experienced out first (and hopefully last) earthquake. we didn't know it until the hostess as Ariel's Grotto told us. Oh well, nothing big happened, and we went over to Disneyland for the fireworks. The show was awesome this year! And Payton slept through the whole thing! Oh well, we tried to take pictures, and got a few good ones of it, so he has fun looking at them. After that we headed down to San Diego and did a day of Legoland. I love it there, it's so kid friendly, and much less crowded than Disneyland. There were lines this time, but not too bad. Memorial weekend...Didn't think of that one back when we were planning! Their new aquarium is pretty cool too. After a day of fun, we stopped at a you pick strawberry patch across the street pretty much from the park and picked strawberries. I'm not a fan of the fruit by any means, but I have to admit, these ones were pretty good. Even if they weren't, it was well worth it for the experience. It was fun! New family tradition. =] Spent a day at the San Diego Zoo. I think we can do without that one for a while now. Nothing really great aside from the pandas and polar bears. Seaworld....well, that day started out ok. The park was fun, the shows were great. Unfortunately, that's where the fun ended for the day. As we walked up to our car, Tony noticed the kids floaties scattered on the ground behind our car. Can we say flashbacks of Vegas?? That sinking feeling in my stomach was back as I noticed the back window wasn't shut. It was when we left the car in the parking lot. Much to my dismay, the kids' bags, all 3 off them, where gone, as well as one of Tony's. Seriously, what is wrong with people?? To steal a little girls princess bag, with HER NAME on it, and little boys' lightening Mcqueen bags, WITH THEIR NAMES on them?? Not to mention their life jackets. Oh well. All material things that can be replaced, little by little seeing how it was hundreds of dollars in clothes and bags, and Tony's razor. We still have our pictures this time, and all our personal information (aside from the kids first names of course) so oh well. To top the day off, we had reservations at the US Grant for the night. When we got there, unloaded our things and tipped the bellhop guy, we were informed that they had over booked and we were going to be staying at the Sheraton 3 or 4 miles away. Right by the airport. Throw in a sick Payton and crowds of people that took a simple drive 45 minutes! Then the outrageous parking price to park our car in the dirt! Oh yes, then the elevator the guy at check in told us to use, wouldn't go to our floor! Oh and it gets a little bit better. The next morning the firealarm goes off, and they don't know why. Not sure what is was from, and I don't care. I wouldn't recommend either one of those hotels. The Hyatt however, was great the night before. We had parked in their garage and some pigeons had crapped on our window basically. The guy at the garage gate thing was all concerned and had the head guy I guess come over and look at it. He refunded our night of parking charges, and gave us $20 to wash our car....we hadn't said a thing about the poop! Service, people. Awesome. And seriously, it was pretty much all on our window, a little bit got on our paint. Main dude seemed like he was going to have a heart attack over it. lol. Wow. All over a little pigeon poo we didn't even say a word about. I like them =] lol. Stay at the Hyatt on the 5th floor parking garage lol. Anyway, Sunday Tony and I went to the Dodgers vs Angels game. Sunday, I know. Sorry. They lost if it makes you feel any better. The temperature was nice, but man, that sun is brutal! Came home Monday to a stinky house. I thought one of our cats had died or something, but after finding them both alive and well (except for the fact that they looked scared to death hiding in corners until they figured out it was me in their house) I explored further. Upon opening the fridge, I found the source of our death smell. Apparently the fridge dies sometime in the past 9 days, and everything in there is obviously, warm rotten and moldy. GROSS. What more can go wrong?? Do i dare ask out loud? Oh yeah, I forgot to throw in my birthday, which was the 18th. I hate it. Something always goes wrong. Never fails. Well last year was a good quiet one, but this year made up for that. We were on our way back to the hotel from Huntington beach, when our check engine light and something else goes off. We've had this car for a month! Then the rpm's start going all the way to 4 or so and not shifting. Not good. Pulled into Costco so Tony could get dinner, which he also picked a cheesecake birthday cake for me. One alarm went off by the time he got back, and the next day or 2 the check engine light went off too. It's running fine now. Go figure. Anyway, after reading the manual on the car in the car, I got car sick (I always do when I read in the car) and it just didn't go away. I ended up throwing my birthday dinner and cake up that night. How sad. Great birthday. And those stupid people who broke inot our car stole my only birthday present too! Tony got me some frames that I like. Now they're gone =[ So there ya have it. Our wonderful vacation. It's all slightly funny now, although parts of it still make me mad and probably always will. That's just our luck I guess...

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I definately want that recipe! Avonell loves her oven she and Drew made the cake last night. I wish I could have taken pictures, it sounded like they were having a lot of fun! Sorry we are to poor to get your kids presents. It's just not in the stars right now. I hope they have had good birthdays this year.